Monday, September 23, 2013

Mentor on these things...

My whole life I've loved to study or learn about the "weird" stuff in the Bible. 

YES! The Bible does have weird stuff in it!

  • Like angels falling from heaven and having sex with the women of the earth. (Gen. 6:2)
  • The seven scrolls in the Bible that Jesus opens. (Revelation) 
  • When the end times will happen. (Revelation)
  • Is there a rapture? 
  • How the animals got on Noah's ark. (Genesis)





 I'm a immature Christian. Meaning my faith is NOT as strong as I'd like it to be. I'll admit that. I stumble and fall and have difficulties with temptation. 

I need to focus on the things that matter for my Salvation!

 
 
  • Jesus dying for our sins.
  • The Resurrection.
  • What rules Jesus/God has for us as believers to follow.
  • How to evangelize.



The things that matter for me is getting my sinful soul to Heaven with Christ; that's all that truly matters! Once I understand that, then I can move on to how I can evangelize and pray with those who don't have that same relationship with Christ like I do. 

The "weird" things in the Bible can be fun to learn and debate on. But seriously...There are so many different theories out there with some of the more "strange" verses that they might harm your faith or cause you to stop thinking about the salvation part of Christianity, and focus on the history of it. 

When I was struggling with my faith around the age of 16, I was completely focusing on the end of the world. I was worried that I would die/get raptured...I wanted to live in the end times. I wanted to live during the tribulation so that I could have the excitement of trying to survive while evangelizing to others. I was so focused on that part of the Bible and the theories around it, that I lost the real purpose of Christianity and the message of Salvation. 

We need to focus on the things above (meaning, those related to Heaven and Jesus Christ and Salvation) than the things on this earth (like the tribulation, or fallen angels, etc.).

Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth. (Col. 3:2)

This is something that has touched me this week. I'm going to start focusing on Jesus more, and how I am saved an how I can share that same gospel with others. 

What will you focus on?

Blessings~
Josiah

No comments: